How to Know Whether to Repair, Patch, or Replace Your Roof
As a homeowner, it would be better if you know the importance of your roof. After all, it’s an important part of your home that protects your family and property from ultra- violet rays, snow, rain and other harmful debris.
However, roofs aren’t intended to last forever because sooner or later, it may require some attention and care to preserve its life-span. Although you may notice the warning signs, it may still be very difficult to determine whether there’s a need for a repair or a complete replacement. In this article, we will discuss how you can actually know whether to repair, patch or replace your roof
When Your Roof Needs to Be Patched Up or Repaired
- You cannot erase the fact that sooner or later, you will have to replace your roof. However, this is not always the number option. If your roof is pretty new and some minor damage occur, then having it patched up or repaired can be a good alternative. Besides as a general rule, patching or repairing can be done when your roof has sustained minor damage which include:
- When a strong wind or a fallen branch falls your roof, it may eventually incur some damages to some shingles. If this happens, then a roof repair is the best thing to do.
- When you check your roof and found out that some of the shingles are missing, do not waste time and get your roof repaired as soon as possible.
- When an isolated part of your roof starts to leak, it may be a sign that patching is the best way to preserve its expected lifespan.
When You Need A New Roof or Re-Roof
At times, age is one of the common reasons why a roof replacement is required. Although if you want your roof to be simply repaired rather than replaced, it can be done if it has been serving your property for over 25 years. By that time, you may think of replacing your roof to make sure of your safety from the outside elements such as ultra-violet rays, snow rain and other debris. Here are some other signs to consider a new roof for your home:
- When shingles begin to curl at the edges along with large patches of discoloration, there are certain signs of deterioration to your roof. If you encounter these problems, replacement is the only option to resolve them.
- When flashings separate from the rest of the roof and shingles are missing especially in the roof’s valley, then, as a rule, it should be replaced as fast as possible.
- When large debris from the shingles causes the clogging of gutters, it’s a serious roof issue that needs full replacement.
In Conclusion, your roof remains to be one of the most important parts of your home. Without it over your head, your safety and that of your property would be at risk. Remember that it’s a must to have a good condition roofing that can protect you and your belongings. Also, roofs serving you for quite some time should be checked from time to time. By keeping these signs in mind, am sure you will able be able to know what to do with your roof afterward.
If you have any more questions about our roof repairs please get in touch or fill in our contact form.